I run happy.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

More Boston, More Boston!










I think I am twelve weeks out from Boston?  The weeks are so busy,  I lose track.  I am not obsessing nor perseverating about my training.  It is a part of my day, my week,  my life but it is NOT MY LIFE. I have so many things…
Last weekend was spent with twins from my class a couple of years ago, their buddy, her mom and our friend Shad…he ran the Lake Hodges 50 miler.  Tough guy.  Stoic.  Calm.  Pulled off another 50 miler and he didn't even need the cow bell.  

 Last week also yielded some SNOW in Encinitas…ha, ha…out of a snow making machine.  Some parents from our kindergarten brought ice and make snow for our Kinder Pretzels.  They were SOOO funny!  Some had never felt snow melt through their fingers.  They were shocked it was so cold and many just sat and ate it until it was gone.  Joy.  I love shocking kids and watching them react to something so ordinary to some, yet, completely foreign to most Southern California babes.  Loved that day.
Back to training!!!
The dead leg syndrome has a name now.  An origin.  A source.  Kind of sad.  Kind of strange but definitely not something to stop me from being superhuman!

I guess the 45 X-rays show that I had a fracture on my spine when I was born.  I was born breech and my mom says I was stuck with my legs and head inside of her.  After forceps and lots of pulling, I was born.  Possibly causing that fracture.  Anyway,  during adolescence,  I started to feel the pain as I grew and stopped riding horses competitively.  Only to have the fracture rear it's head once I started running longer distances!

The dead leg is actually referred pain from the nerves in my back, protecting the fractured spine.  Hmmm.

Once again, I'm back to pain management and feeling better knowing what's up.

Boston training is incorporating HILLS, HILLS and more HILLS.  Yesterday's workout was 14 miles, 7 up a hill with 6x5 min. spurts up the hill at goal marathon pace.
7 down hill.
I know the hills going up are great for my fitness and my back issue but going down took it's toll by mile 13.  Baby steps…

I've yet to determine my goals for this marathon.  At this moment, I'm obviously grateful to just be running.

Run happy,
meg

4 comments:

  1. It's good to find out the source of the pain. And it's good to know that you're not making anything worse by continuing to run (which I understand is the case with neural pain).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the snow story and pic! I'm one of those kids. The weeks are certainly flying by. All the best with your training. Glad you are managing all the issues so well. Take care Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goal = to meet Petra and give her a hug and drink beer and eat pizza with her. Very simple. All done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Autism,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,psoriasis ,Tach Diseases,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967
    Here is my contact phone number. +1-913-9518-145 if you would need some advise from me.

    ReplyDelete